It looks like Macaulay Culkin is finally getting back to his roots — like a true child star of the 90s, tabs are reporting that the boy who taught us all what it meant to be Home Alone is on a life-threatening bender, and his drug of choice? Heroin. (Or, OxyContin if he can’t get the good stuff, I guess.)
And yet, weirdly, Camp Mac denies the rumors flat out. TMZ (naturally) is reporting:
A rep for Macaulay tells TMZ, the reports claiming Culkin is addicted to heroin and assorted hallucinogenics is “not only categorically without merit, but it is also impossibly and ridiculously fictitious.”The rep adds, “We beseech the responsible media to consider the source and its reputation and to please not perpetuate this destructive and insulting story by pursuing it any further.”
Well then. Impossibly and ridiculously fictitious, hmmm? I mean, I’m not saying the boy wonder loves him the china white FOR SURE, but I think “impossible” and “ridiculous” might just be a little over the top. What was that thing Shakespeare said about protesting too much?
Let’s review the facts and see if we can unearth some truthiness in all of this he said/they said mumbo jumbo.
- Back in 2004 Big Mac was nabbed in Oklahoma (OK!) for drug posession. Illegal ones like MJ (that’s marijuana for the uninitiated) and prescription ones like Xanax, for which he did not have a prescription. Impossible! Ridiculous! Not Macaulay! C”mon team — everyone knows weed is a gateway drug.
- For nearly a decade Macaulay dated Mila Kunis. Now she’s dating Ashton Kutcher. That guy is an overpaid douchebag to the nth degree—wouldn’t you drown your sorrows in prescription painkillers if you were Mac?
- You know what else camp Maaculay referred to as “ridiculous”? The idea that having slept in Michael Jackson’s bedroom as a child was inappropriate.
- On the flipside, GAWKER is reporting that the once-and-former child star is spending 6k a month on his heroin habit alone! Macaulay hasn’t worked since, like, 1992 (c’mon, you know he didn’t make money off of Party Monster). Does he really have the endless funds to maintain a habit like that? The child star was famously emancipated from his father over the mishandling of his fortune when Macaulay was a teen.
- Finally, this photo has emerged, and I’d say it looks like heroin o’clock to me.
I mean, should we start with the Red Bull, the bone structure, or the glazed over look? What’s going on, Kevin McCallister? You lookin’ to make your life disappear?
What do you think? Is this a case of the rumor mill gone awry, a return of heroin chic, or a new season of Celebrity Rehab waiting to happen?