MamaPop is currently seeking new freelance contributors. This is the first time in MamaPop’s almost seven year history that we’ve sent out a public call for writers, so if you’d like to write for us and think you’d be a good fit, do read on.
MamaPop writers are a unique breed: smart, funny, and more than a little quirky. What makes a great MamaPop writer is a difficult thing to define, but here are some qualities that might make you One Of Us:
- You’re passionate about pop culture, entertainment and/or gossip, and already keep up with the latest happenings as part of your average day.
- You’re opinionated and not afraid to assert your opinion, even if it might not be the popular one.
- You can prove you can write well (via writing samples), and with intelligence, personality, and humor.
- You have basic photo editing skills, and can find your way around standard web-based technology, including content management systems (in our case, WordPress) and social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc).
- You are able to take direction and accept constructive criticism.
- You are reliable and always meet assigned deadlines come hell or high water.
If this sounds like you, then you could be the next MamaPop writer! NOTE: you do NOT have to be a professional writer or an established blogger to apply to be a MamaPop writer. Some of our best writers came to us as enthusiastic newbies and relative unknowns with great writing samples. TRUTH.
To apply, send an email with the subject line MamaPop Writer Application to us at contact @ mamapop.com (without the spaces), and include the following information:
- A few short sentences about yourself and your writing experience, why you’d like to write for MamaPop, and why you think you’d be a good fit for us.
- A few links to samples of writing you’ve done that you’re proud of.
- Your availability.
As a new writer on the site you’d be considered a temporary hire for the first two months, after which time — presuming the fit is right – we’d solidify your status as a part of our team.
MamaPop pays contributing freelancers on a per-post sliding scale, with increases based on the quality of contributions and author longevity.
Please do not send a resume, references, or any other attachments. We won’t be able to respond to everyone, but we do appreciate your interest and will read every submission earnestly and eagerly!